Websocket Problems

Infos:

  • Used Zammad version: Latest from yum repo --> 3.4.0-1596781606.1adc98bf.centos7
  • Used Zammad installation source: yum repo
  • Operating system: CentOS 7 (2003)
  • Browser + version: Chrome (latest), Firefox (latest), Vivaldi (latest)

Expected behavior:

Functions like “Telegram” or “chat” are working as expected.
–> Websocket is working

Actual behavior:

We are in the evaluating process of using Zammad productively. Since, we are testing a lot we also update it routinely to the latest Version (which is quite frequent over the repos). Starting last week we weren’t able to use the chat anymore. The Zammad-websocket just replied a status 502.

While checking the services, we just got:

I was wondering about the missing space there…

As result we see all 10 seconds the following “block” in the journal over and over again:

Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: bundler: failed to load command: script/websocket-server.rb (script/websocket-server.rb)
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: TypeError: wrong argument type String (expected Module)
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:1582:in `include'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:1582:in `block in klass_from_handler'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:1582:in `initialize'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:1582:in `new'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:1582:in `klass_from_handler'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:528:in `start_server'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/em-websocket-0.5.1/lib/em-websocket/websocket.rb:46:in `run'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/em-websocket-0.5.1/lib/em-websocket/websocket.rb:39:in `block in start'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:171:in `run'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/em-websocket-0.5.1/lib/em-websocket/websocket.rb:35:in `start'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/lib/websocket_server.rb:11:in `block in run'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:195:in `run_machine'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:195:in `run'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: /opt/zammad/lib/websocket_server.rb:10:in `run'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local zammad-websocket-1.service[12526]: script/websocket-server.rb:129:in `<top (required)>'
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local systemd[1]: zammad-websocket-1.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local systemd[1]: Unit zammad-websocket-1.service entered failed state.
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local systemd[1]: zammad-websocket-1.service failed.
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local systemd[1]: zammad-websocket-1.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local systemd[1]: Stopped zammad-websocket-1.service.
Aug 15 10:17:36 server1125.local systemd[1]: Started zammad-websocket-1.service.

Could that be our issue?
If so, where do I have to add the “space” to fix it?

Okay, I fixed it by completely reinstall the whole machine.
Now it looks better again…

What really worries me, is the sudden change in stability. As soon we would start working productively with your System that behavior is not acceptable.

Maybe it was an update gone wrong, but we just update via RPM and that could easily happen again in the future.

This can have dozens of reasons.ö
Most likely it’s overviews in combination with raising numbers of users.

Technically it’s normal that you require more ressources if more people start working on it,.
However, nobody will be able to qualify or help with that vague information.

You may want to check:

though.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.