Users group must not appear in the select field

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: V3.3
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) package
  • Operating system: cento7
  • Browser + version: chrome

Expected behavior:

• when a customer open a ticket in groupe select options he shouldn’t see the users groupe option (he should just select one of our agents groups)

Actual behavior:

• a customer can see the users group in the select field

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• a customer open a ticket and choose the groupe that will work on the ticket

You can disable displaying specific groups for users within the web view for customers within the “Web Channel”:

https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/channels/web.html

I have the same request.
I searched through this topic/request, but seems that the answers are not quite meet my expectation.

We provide multiple services (different Support Group) to different customers.
Eg.
Support Group 1 -
Customer-A, Customer-B, Customer-C
Support Group 2 -
Customer-X, Customer-Y, Customer-Z

When Customer-A create ticket via the Web Interface, he/she can only select Support Group 1.
When Customer-Z create ticket via the Web Interface, he/she can only select Support Group 2.

BUT, the problem is, the Web Interface “listing” all the Support Group, and this may confuse the customer to select the wrong Support Group, then the ticket created will escalated to wrong Support Group.

In short, how to restrict that, the Customer tie to it’s own Support Group, without the “Drop Down List” for selection.

I’m afraid that Zammad doesn’t provide the possibility to restrict it’s groups for customers on behalf of specific situations or roles. In my opinion that would be a feature request. Even though I personally think that this might be an edge case.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.