User icons missing after 5.0.1 update

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: Package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Chrome

Expected behavior:

• User icons from SAML / Google auth carry over after update.

Actual behavior:

• Instead there is a circle that just says “48 x 48”

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Update from 4.1 to 5.01 with Google auth and SAML configured.

1 Like

Does anyone have an idea why the avatars would disappear after an upgrade? I rolled back to a snapshot of 4.1.x and am running off of that (did the upgrade off hours).

Where are the avatars stored?

Do they get pulled from the oauth or saml on every login or just once?

We aren’t using LDAP so it shouldn’t be getting over written by anything.

We have observed exactly the same behavior with our Zammad installation.

Upgrade path: 4.x → 5.0.x
Packaging: helm chart
Authentication method: Google integration

I’m going to try a 5.2 upgrade after hours to see if I can catch the cause of the issue and post more info.

The same issue in installed 5.0.x release of docker-compose version.
Authentication method: Google integration.

1 Like

Was yours a clean install or upgrade? I want to put together a GitHub bug report but want to make sure I’m including all the details.

Mime is a clean install.

Github issue opened here: User avatars missing with Google Auth. · Issue #3829 · zammad/zammad · GitHub

If anyone can share their config (OS, install type etc) and if it is an update / clean install, that would be helpful.

Thanks

If you log in with a different method (local or LDAP or something) are avatars visible, or still missing?

• local users
  • Google users if another avatar is uploaded (only the avatar retrieved via Google is not working at all ie 48x48 picture is displayed)

JFI: We verified issue User avatars missing with Google Auth. · Issue #3829 · zammad/zammad · GitHub and also found the root for the issue. Let’s hope it gets fixed quickly.

Thank you for the update and for everything you and the Zammad team do.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.