• Used Zammad version: 3.2
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: ubuntu
  • Browser + version: N/A

When upgrading using the instructions…

https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/install/update.html

when running

apt upgrade

will it upgrade to the next version or the current version.

In other words, will the upgrade just move to the next correct version in my case 3.2 → 4.0 → 5.1 so I will have to run it twice.

rather than jumping from 3.2 → 5.1

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

apt is not going to automatically follow the recommended upgrade path as documented, you will need to manually specify which package version to upgrade to.

This link may be of help: software installation - How to install specific version of some package? - Ask Ubuntu

Also if I am reading the docs correctly, it’s recommended to also not skip 5.0, eg. in your case it should be 3.2 → 4.0 → 5.0 → 5.1

2 Likes

Just wanted to update this for everybody else.

1. I was able to upgrade Zammad from 3.2 → 5.1

I was unable to find a way to upgrade via interim versions. The only packages available via apt where 5,1 and 5.2alpha. However the the 3.2 → 5.1 worked no problem.

1. You need to first upgrade elasticsearch also. Upgrading elastic search works no problem, but you must manually delete the Elasticsearch indexes for Zammad and then reindex otherwise Zammad will not start because the new Elasticsearch 7.1 will not read the earlier index unless you are already at version 6+

Once I worked out where the indexes where it was no problem to delete and reindex.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.