Upgrade issues please assist

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 1.4.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: From package
  • Operating system: Debian 8
  • Browser + version: Chrome, Firefox, Edge all versions

What are best steps to do upgrade to 4.1? I tried backup and restore to Ubuntu 20.04 and Zammad 4.1, received bad gateway

Tried to upgrade to latest packed for Debian 8 got 500 server error

Wow… 1.4 is very old.

Due to code base changes you can’t do a upgrade in one step, you’ll need to do this step by step.
That being said, have a snapshot or backup. At some point you’ll also have to upgrade your OS due to Debian 8 being end of life.

The following should work:

• Please ensure that your repository (mainly URL and path) is fitting our current requirements
    • If the current installed file differs, remove it and install the new version as described below
    • This is basically step Add Repository from this page: Install from package — Zammad documentation
    • wget -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/zammad.list https://dl.packager.io/srv/zammad/zammad/stable/installer/debian/8.repo will fit your current OS
  • Edit your zammad repository file and change stable to the following version strings
    Below are independent steps you’ll have to take
    1. stable-2.0
    2. stable-2.5
    3. stable-3.0
    4. stable-3.4
      • After installing Zammad 3.4 an Distribution upgrade to Debian 9 or 10 is required.
      • Note that you also have to update the repositories - the documentation should help you to get that right: Install from package — Zammad documentation
    5. stable-4.0
    6. stable

Everytime you updated the repository file an friendly apt update; apt install zammad should do.
Please do note that After 3.4 Installation you have to change your distribution. Upgrading would be the easiest pick without backup and restore - if suitable. You have to adjust Zammad repo files as well.

Save time by not running the required re-indexes.
Please ensure -after upgrading Zammad to the latest stable- your elasticsearch being supported:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/prerequisites/software.html

Keep in mind that elasticsearch has specific upgrade path - a destructive but faster way is to remove the indice directory of elasticsearch - that is if Zammads index data is the only thing living there.

Thanks for replu.

Please tell me on which point I need to install elasticsearch? Is this mandatory, can it work withou elasticsearch?

All documentation links I provided contain the requested information from your end.
Please consult the documentation.

Which kind of issues I can expect without elasticsearch installed

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.