Understanding notifications

• Used Zammad version: 2.8
  • Used Zammad installation source: source
  • Operating system: ubuntu 18.04 LTS
  • Browser + version: Chrome 71

Hi There,

I think i don’t fully understand email notifications on new tickets. My understanding was that only the agents where notified whose are assigend to the group in which a new ticket is created.

The documentation says that agents are notified if a ticket is created.

In my migrated OTRS testsystem i have approx. 50 groups with 100 users which are all agents and have access to all groups through agent role.
Everybody needs access to all the customer tickets.

Each user was created during migration with zammad’s default notfication settings, so all email notification settings are selected in each user profile.

Assuming my understanding of the documentation is correct, each of the 100 users gets an email when a new ticket is created.

But in production.log there are only 15 users selected for notification. It looks to me that these are selected by surname alphabetically ascending.
Why are not all users got notified?

Is it possible to batch update all agent user profiles and disable all email notifications?

My target scenario would be that not every agent is notified. Can i disable the generic notifications and notifiy my agents through trigger in dependency of the group where the new ticket was created?

Thank you for your input and best regards!

Sorry, but we have to get more detailed here:

What are your 100 users exactly?
Currently I expect them to be customers - on top of that you have 15 agents. (At least that’s what I’m reading out of your post)

Regarding notifications: Only agents to receive notifications, not your customers.
Reason for this is, that we can’t decide when and how a user should be notified. If you want to notify your customers about new tickets and updates, you’ll want to take a look into the triggers.

If you have “users” that should be notified, please check their roles in detail. My guess is that they don’t have the agent role assigned or disabled the notification manually (which can be done by every agent).

There’s no clean way in disabling all notifications from Zammad, but doing it manually.
Triggering “notifications” for your agents might bring unexpected things happening. I wouldn’t do that on a “as default” way to be honest.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.