Unable to connect Zammad with external postgresql cluster (using helm)

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.3
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …) Helm chart : zammad-6.0.3
  • Operating system: Ubuntu, K8s
  • Browser + version: Chrome(108.0.5359.125 )

Expected behavior:

• We should be able to connect zammad with the external postgres cluster

Actual behavior:

• Unable to use the external Postgresql DB with Zammad. Its still using the defined postgres in template (helm chart)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Deployed the postgresql cluster and Modified the values.yaml file of Zammad to use the external DB

I use external BD, without problems

you must configure the file
/opt/zammad/config/database/database.yml

changing the xxxx as shown in the image for the data of your external server, do not forget to remove the #

1 Like

Hi @MixTecnico ,

Thank you for your response. Is that configuration valid for the helm chart deployment as well ?

Trying to make changes in the values.yaml file to use it with external DB however i am still getting the inbuilt postgres based on the charts.

Regards,
Abhishek

I didn’t know helm chart, but I see that it is something based on kubernetes, that it would be containers…

I saw some video of how they install wordpress in HELM, and I saw that the config is complete, only that it has to be documented, so it must be compatible!

I use containers from proxmox through a REVERSE PROXY and without problems, my zammad installation works!

Although I have read many posts that zammad does not work under containers… I have been able to get it up without problems! accessible worldwide from CUSTOM DNS address

my postgrestsql database is in another VM, installation managed with CWP and more robust!

Most things especially those affecting your database are to be configured from the outside as environment. As the helm is using the compose, this page should be of help to you:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/install/docker-compose/environment.html

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.