Trouble successfully configuring an inbound email account

Infos:

I am having trouble successfully configuring an inbound email account. This is a completely fresh installation of Ubuntu 16.04.4 and Zammad 2.5.x from the official repository.

• Used Zammad version: 2.5.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: DEB
  • Operating system: 16.0.4.4
  • Browser + version: Chrome 67.0.3396.99 and Firefox 60.0.2

Expected behavior:

Enter the settings after clicking on “New” under the Email Accounts under Channels, and then have zammad query the email server.

Actual behavior:

After entering the correct server settings I receive the error “incompatible encoding regexp match (ASCII-8BIT regexp with UTF-8 string)”

If I try to submit multiple times I will occasionally see an additional error of “closed stream”

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Add a new email account of type IMAP using either SSL/STARTTLS or none with port 143 or 993.

I am using Dovecot as my IMAP server and have 100s of clients using these settings without incident.

Just to confirm I am experiencing this issue as well. Running Debian 9, fresh install based on the Zammad docs.

timothy@debian:~$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US:en
LC_CTYPE=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_NUMERIC=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_TIME=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_COLLATE=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_MONETARY=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_MESSAGES=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_PAPER=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_NAME=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_ADDRESS=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_TELEPHONE=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_MEASUREMENT=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_IDENTIFICATION=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

I have just upgraded the previous version to 2.6.x and this problem still persists. Any idea of what to try?

Well after further troubleshooting… PLAIN authentication must be enabled on the server. A worthwhile note for anyone else experiencing this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.