• Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.5
  • Browser + version: Chrome Version 86.0.4240.111

Expected behavior:

trigger on created ticket to send email to customer

Actual behavior:

Trigger works on some changes on the object, but just not emailing the customer

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

No explicit steps to reproduce as it is a production system.

My outbound emails via triggers worked before, but stopped working recently. Notification mails are sent successfully, email replies via tickets are working correctly, only the trigger is not sending emails anymore.
I have tried using “Article Last Sender” and “Customer” as the recipient. The Group does have the support email associated with it.

Hard to troubleshoot without more infos. Did you check the production.log what exactly happens when a user sends an e-mail? If you upload a screenshot of your trigger we could maybe identify s.th.

For some reason changing the Email Notification to send via Local MTA got my Email Accounts to send emails again.

I previously had my emails configured so that Emails Accounts outbound would send via Authenticated SMTP and Email Notification were sending via Local MTA.

The other day I decided to create a no-reply email address for Notifications and then changed Email Notification to send via Authenticated SMTP. When I did that, the Email Accounts stopped sending until I changed Email Notifications back to Local MTA.

Sounds like your MTA didn’t like the sender address.
Some servers require your account to be allowed to send as the address you specified.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.