Trigger: on ticket is closed

Infos:

I want to notify customers when a ticket is closed by mail.
This is working so far but when I then add another private (internal) message to the ticket the notification is sent again.

Solution would be to add two triggers:

1. … AND article == ‘none’
  2. … AND visability == ‘public’

Another solution could be:
… AND status == ‘closed’ AND status == ‘changed’

the first approach doesn’t work because there exists no ‘none’ option and the second because you can’t have status twice.

Used Zammad version: 5.0.x
Used Zammad installation type: docker-compose (doesn’t matter)
Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04 (doesn’t matter)
Browser + version: Firefox (doesn’t matter)

Expected behavior:

Actual behavior:

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Have you tried adding the condition “closing time”? I would try s.th. like this

This way a note that is added at a later time should not fire the trigger. I haven’t tested it though, so don’t know if it works.

Hi @awedor, yes tried this before but could’t get it working that’s why I didn’t mention it.
The trigger never got executed. I guess at first there is no “closing time” so the transition from one ‘none’ to some closing time probably could’t be compared. What I didn’t understand is, that it even wasn’t executed when changed the status back to open and then again to clodes within one minute. Maybe I was doing something wrong, would you mind verifying this approach?

Best regards,
Lukas

Add a condition that there was a state change.

Action is updated
State is closed
Visibility is public

With this setting they’ll get notified assuming the last note is public.

Hi @astrugatch, thanks for the hint but this isn’t what I want.

I want to follow this simple steps:

1. Hi Customer, there is a new ticket (this works)
  2. Hi Customer, there was an update … (this works too)
  3. Hi Customer, this ticket is closed …

If there was no article but only the status was changed to closed the notification will not be sent.

And for the my usecase: it is possible that a case is closed and a supplier provides me with some information, e.g. let’s me know the changed device has a warranty of 3 years, too. I than want to add that information (pdf, mail, …) as a private article in that case, without having the trigger fire again.

Best regards,
Lukas

For the third you can remove the article requirement from the trigger from my list, and also add the requirement of NOT having a particular tag. then add the action of tagging it closed or some other tag to identify that you don’t want to have this trigger activated again. You would just need to know to remove that tag if you want messages to go out again.

1 Like

Hi @astrugatch , thanks for the help this works very well!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.