Trigger for Email notification on Ticket Closed

• Used Zammad version: 6.2
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package)
  • Operating system: Ubuntu server 22.04
  • Browser + version: edge , chrome

Expected behavior:

I’m trying to create a trigger to ensure that when a ticket’s status changes to closed, the sender of the ticket receives an email informing them that the ticket has been closed.

Actual behavior:

• Currently, the trigger is not being activated and, as a result, no email is being sent.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Activated by
    Action

Action execution
Selective

Conditions

Action is update
State is Closed

Execute changes on objects

Email
Visibility : public
Recipient : Sender of last article

I think you’ll need to add Action is updated for that to work.

nvm you did…didn’t catch that. Do you have a screenshot of your trigger?

Here’s the attached screenshot. It’s strange because I have another trigger that has “pending close” as its status and it works correctly. I’ve installed Zammad 4 days ago so the database is clean, I installed the latest version available 4 days ago.

What is if the sender of the last article is an agent? Then the agent would get the closing notification?

I had a similar problem and i solved this with the following workflow:

All Agents have a macro „Close ticket“. The macro set the ticket to „pending close“ in 24hrs, so if a customer replies to the last agent action, the ticket gets open again and the closing process is interupted.

Then i created a new ticket state „to close“. I updated the following state from the „pending close“ state to the new created state. Imho this must be done via the rest api or the zammad console. Normally, the following state is „closed“ and the notification trigger wont work.

Now when the ticket state changes from „pending close“ to the new „to close“ state, i can do an automation, which looks a couple of times a day for tickets with the „to close“ state and closes them, set a tag „already closed“ (so the customer will get the closing note only once) and send an email to the customer, that his ticket is now closed.

This is very strange to me, but I was able to make it work by having State is closed as the only condition. Try removing action is updated.

it was the “execute modification on the object” part. Changed from “sender of the last article” to “client”, it works. Thanks, everyone :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.