Timetracking is poor

We are working with a CRM / ticket system (Teamleader from belgium) with is not satisfying. In the past two years we have tested various systems like OSTicket, Otobo, ZoHo and some more. Zammad (on premise) is now in the stage of testing and it is great! But the time tracking is poor … :frowning: As far as I can see it is not possible to integrate f. ex. TimeCamp though it is said so at Zeiterfassung • Features | Zammad. It would be great to assign tracked times to a ticket and via that that to a customer (organization). At the moment we can only create tasks or projects manually in TimeCamp and track the time to that (with no connection to Zammad, and that means double time we have to spent on only the time tracking - and the customers does not get a detailled time report / time sheet. The Time tracking in Zammad (Zeiterfassung) on the other hand is - ehem - very, very simple, producing only a very brief line “Customer XX = 20 hours in august”. But some of our customers craving detailled time reports.
Is somebody using a time tracking tool with Zammad that can assign times to tickets?
Thanx in advance,
Lars

2 Likes

Hi,
I forgot to mention that it is possible to export the tracked time for the tickets and the customers and the organisations to Excelsheets - good idea, but unfortunately all times for all customers are then in a single, but huge Excelsheet and would has to be edited manually or by a macro. That is possible but IMHO not that what I am expecting from a ticketsystem in the year 2021. Though Zammad is Open source (thanks for that, by the way!) would the limitation in the time tracking and reporting be the same in the paid version, I assume?!

Hi @larsb

Zammad has only basic time tracking features which probably fit a few users but not all. I you need more options, then TimeCamp, Toggl Harvest etc. are the tools to use. I personally think, Zammad should concentrate on its core functionality and leave option-rich time tracking to other tools.

We have used TimeCamp in the passed but changed to toggl about 7 years ago and are still very happy. Depending on how you use it, Timeular might be an option as well.

The Chrome AddOn for TimeCamp, mentioned at Zammad’s homepage, is nothing more then the regular AddOn for Webbrowsers. TimeCamp captures Browser-URL, Programm/Add you’re working with, files and folders etc. and can automatically track time based on these data. So if you’re Zammad installation is hosted at zammad.mydomain.com and you set up this address in TimeCamp and link it to a specific project, then TimeCamp will capture your working time in Zammad automatically. But reporting etc. is done in TimeCamp and no time tracking data will be transfered over to Zammad.

toggl has a nice AddOn as well, calling the toggl-Button: GitHub - toggl/toggl-button: Toggl Button extension for Chrome and Firefox / Toggl Track: Productivity & Time Tracker - Chrome Web Store

With this button, you can track time in toggl directly from Zammad. We use this and it works really good. We have made a few changes to it and changed the way projects in toggl are linked, but that is because we create a toggl project for each ticket in Zammad.

We work a lot with Integromat and through this No/Low-Code automation plattform we link not only Zammad and toggl together but also a lot of other tools that we use internally. Maybe Integromat can speed up some things for you as well. With this “Special Link” you get 10.000 instead of 1.000 free operations.

Cheers,
Gijs

Hi, Gijs,

thanx for your explanations! Though I personally think that a modern ticket / helpdesk system should have a good time tracking integrated as a fundamental part, I will try the hints you gave with the external tools to track the time!

And thank you for th „special link“ :wink:

Best regards,

Lars

2 Likes

Hi,
our colleague wrote an application for docker, which works with API and can do PDF exports per customer (company), with direct links to tickets as ZIP archive with it. If you want, I can provide contact and you can agree with him on implementation.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.