Tickets not updated


  • Used Zammad version: 4.0.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Centos7
  • Browser + version:

Expected behavior:

  • when new email received, the ticket gets updated

Actual behavior:

  • email received.
  • notification email sent by zammad
  • actuall ticket not updated

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

  • issue happening from time to time and not allwas


We are seeing the issue that is not happening all the time but randomly in last 2 days. Namely, when a client replies to our ticket, our operator gets notified of Updated ticket. However, the ticket itself is not updated i.e. the clients reply is not there.

We tried looking in the production log. What is strange is that even the log confirming that the notification is sent isnt there.

Is there any other log where we can look and potentially find what is causing this behaviour?


As additional info on this problem. It seams that Zammad is assigning a wrong ticket id to incomming reply to a ticket.

Once I click on a “View this in Zammad” link in the notification email, it redirects to a completely wrong ticket. But not even that “wrong” ticket contains the message received. And we didnt do any merging.

kindly print screen your trigger settings to check

Usually the issue you describe is due to users mixing up ticket references (or completely removing them).
We have no chance to determine if that happened to the incoming mail. If in doubt Zammad creates a new ticket instead.

Hard to tell from what we have.
You’ll probably be able to see it within the raw mails Zammad received.

98% of the time it’s the subject already.

Thank you for your effort.

Actually the problem was so stupid. Namely, after migrating Zammad instance to another server, we didnt delete it from the previous one. So after a server restart that happened weeks later, suddenly both instances were operational.

At that moment, both instances were collecting incomming mails. For this reason we were receiving notifications but no ticket were visible. They were simply on the old instance.

Anyhow this “issue” was exclusively due to our stupidity and nothing to do with your great product.

Oh boy, okay - that’s another classic I tend to ignore.
Glad you could find out the issue!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.