Ticket reply setup

• Used Zammad version: 6.2.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: ubuntu server 22.04
  • Browser + version: google chrome 122.0.6

Expected behavior:

• I have a office 365 channel created and Zammad can create tickets when the email address gets an email. This all works. However when replying to tickets I want the user to get an email.

Actual behavior:

• When replying to tickets the user doesn’t receive an email with that reply.

#Here are my channel configs. I’m just wondering if perhaps I’m misunderstanding the setup. Do I need to create a new email channel for outbound emails? Or is the office 365 channel supposed to do that?

Any help is appreciated.

There are multiple ways of notifying the end user when getting a response from an agent. By default, when you click into the box at the end of a ticket, this is going to create a NOTE. This NOTE will NOT send out an email to the customer/user out of the box. You can create a trigger to send that NOTE to the customer/user after one is saved to the ticket but I personally wouldn’t recommend that.

I think what you are after is simply responding to a ticket with the appropriate method outline in this article: Following Up — Zammad User Documentation documentation

Hopefully that helps. If not, please expand on exactly the work flow you are expecting.

This helped me find the solution, so thank you for providing it. I couldn’t see the reply option initially, which led me to do another search. The search results showed that I needed to assign the email to the group in order for the reply option to appear.

I Appreciate your time very much!