Ticket re-opening somehow (no triggers configured) - 'ArgumentError: SMTP To address may not be blank'

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: zammad/unknown,now 3.1.0-1569535934.b232e9fb.xenial amd64 [installed,upgradable to: 3.1.0-1570545649.c1160c5e.xenial]
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
  • Browser + version: Firefox

Expected behavior:

• Ticket created via API, trigger then: assigns an owner, updates a few configurable ticket fields, sets state from open to closed, emails the customer a notification

Actual behavior:

• Does above, however approx 3mins later get an error AND re-opens the ticket (we cannot see where this is happening)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

This is actually your answer.
You supplied an empty TO address, because your proberbly supplied a API request to send an outgoing mail which is having incorrect data.

The reopening happens, because the attached error message is an article.
Also, this is good, because this way you’ll see when a mail didn’t go out.
So basically, you’re complaining about a behaviour that shows you that something went wrong. :slight_smile:

We can’t help you further with the information provided, sorry.

Hi @MrGeneration,

I work with @nznumber9.

We are creating the support request by via the API. We create the request like this -

1. Look the customer up using their email address on the users/search API.
  2. If they don’t exist add them using the users API.
    3 Create the support ticket using the tickets API with JSON -
{
    "title":"Help me!",
    "group": "<GROUP SELECTED IN FORM>",
    "article":{
        "subject":"Support request from ABC application",
        "body":"some message",
        "type":"note",
        "internal":false
    },
    "customer_id":"<ID OF CUSTOMER LOOKED UP VIA THE users/search API>",
    "note": "some note"
}

1. This creates a ticket that doesn’t have an owner, but the group is assigned
  2. A trigger is run to assign the owner based on the group, sends an email to non-zammad user email address and closes the ticket.
  3. Approximately 3 minutes later an SMTP error article is created due to the a missing TO email address.

We don’t know what or why an email is getting sent. I assume that the 3 minutes is some sort of timeout or queue and that the actual trigger for the email is the creation of the ticket via the API.

Terry

If your user does not have an email address set, the above error I talked about “TO address may not be blank” may appear.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.