- Used Zammad version: 3.2
- Used Zammad installation source: repository RPM
- Operating system: CentOS 7
- Browser + version: Firefox 70
About the Ticket Number Format, we started with “Increment” and now we would like to move to “Date”.
The problem? The already existing, open tickets: if I change the ticket number format and after I reply to an email, a new ticket will be created instead of updating the old one.
Is there’s any way (even a manual, ticket by ticket one in the DB) to perform such a change?
Zammad does not create new tickets when receiving replies to existing ones.
Zammad creates new tickets when receiving replies to existing ones.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Set the ticket number format to “Increment”
- Have a user send an email to automatically create the ticket
- Reply to the user
- Set the ticket number format to “Date”
- Have the user reply
A new ticket will be created and the old one won’t be updated.