#{ticket.group.name} variable not working in signature when creating a new ticket

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.3.0-1671020558.31fad343.focal
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome 108.0.5359.125

Expected behavior:

• I created a signature with the #{ticket.group.name} variable. This variable should always be filled with the Full Name of the group. This works when I reply to an existing ticket.

Actual behavior:

• However, when I, through the web app, create a new ticket with type email and select a group, the variable is filled with " - ", not the group name.

Is the system, in the moment of the form for ticket creation being open, not aware of the group field and therefore the variable is empty?

As stated in our documentation at several places, but especially Variables — Zammad documentation in this case, the variable is only available if the group is selected already.

That means:
If you either by default write email tickets or click on “email” before selecting the group, the required information is not yet available.

Zammad can’t know which group the agent is going to select.

I don’t expect Zammad to know which group the agent is going to select.
But I would assume that once I select a group, the signature would be filled with the correct values, as you implied with your answer.
So, to your knowledge, if I select a group first while creating a ticket, while in the tab Received Call, and then I switch to Send Email, the values should be filled in correctly?

Hmmm interesting.
Sorry I didn’t qualify this further because trigger did work, doesn’t seem to work for signatures at all if you use it in new ticket dialogue.
That would be a bug then, please create a bug report via Issues · zammad/zammad · GitHub and mention this thread to speed up the verification process.

I created the issue: #{ticket.group.name} variable not working in signature when creating a new ticket · Issue #4448 · zammad/zammad · GitHub

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.