#{ticket.group.email} variable not working in signatures

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.3.0-1671020558.31fad343.focal
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome 108.0.5359.125

Expected behavior:

• I want to use the #{ticket.group.email} variable in my signatures to show the users which email address they have to write to to reach a specific team within the ticketing system.

Actual behavior:

• However this variable is never working, not when I respond to an existing ticket, and also not when I create a new email-ticket from the web app.

I haven’t tried this variable but as a workaround you could just give each group an individual signature with the correct information for the group instead of using a variable. I know it’s not as elegant but it would also solve your other problem with the group name variable.

Yes, you are right that I could have individual signatures for each of my groups. This may be feasible as a workaround for 1 or 2 groups, but in my case, I, at the moment, have 5 different groups already with the potential of needing more ever getting increasingly realistic.
And since I want to have guaranteed consistency across all my groups signatures, the way I configured it is the way to go.

So I would actually like to be able to use functionality that is built into the system :slight_smile:

There’s no such variable.

Sorry, I used the display name instead of the real object name, which would be email_address_id.
But as it is right in the name, it gives me the ID of the email address instead of the address itself.
Is it possible then to have an object that gives me the mail address of a group via a variable?

You could add a custom in the group scope and manually add the mail address in question, yes.
That’s however not the cleanest approach but the only available as of now.

I’m not sure if you’ll have the same issue like the name variable in the other thread though.

I see.

I created a custom group object and “copied” the mail address mentioned in email_address_id to the new group object to get the explicit value. The values now get filled in correctly.
But, as you speculated, the same bug applies here from the other thread.
I will mention both threads in my GitHub issue.

Can we convert this thread to a feature request then to get the object I am proposing shipped out-of-the-box?
I can live a bit with the manual objects I have now since I only have to fill them in once on group creation.

No. Please create a feature request topic. That’s the much better and cleaner approach because the back and forth can cause confusion.

Done: Ship a variable #{ticket.group.email} out-of-the-box, containing the actual email address selected via email_address_id

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.