Ticket fields are readonly for users with secondary organizations on tickets created by another user

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.2.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: Source
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
  • Browser + version: Firefox 104.0.1, Chrome 104.0.5112.102

Expected behavior:

• As a customer with secondary organizations and shared organization enabled, i expect to be able to edit ticket fields on tickets created by another user.

Actual behavior:

• If a user with customer role tries to edit a ticket belonging to the secondary organization and is created by another user the status field is greyed out.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Make sure the user have customer role and have access to a secondary organization with shared organization enabled.
  2. Create a ticket with another user
  3. Try to change status on the ticket with the user from step 1.

Hi, I think this is an expected behavior.

If 2 user share the same Primary Organization, they can edit each other Tickets like editing the status for example.

If a user has a secondary Organization, her will only have read right to the tickets.
So the user can leave a note but can not change the status or any other ticket field.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

however i would think the expected behavior would be to follow the same ruleset as for the primary organization. Thus be able to edit the Status on a another users tickets.

But i really appreciate you for commenting on my post.

Best regards

I asked developers about this as I feel the same way @chan feels.
Primary and secondary organizations are supposed to behave the exact same way.

This means custom objects shall not be readonly only just because you’re with a secondary organization.
Above statement expects this happening on vanilla installations without core workflows or similar adjusting the availability of a field.

If that’s the case for you, please create a bug report at Issues · zammad/zammad · GitHub and mention this thread so the verification process is faster. Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for you reply.

I have reported this in below issue

Best regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.