Take over old E-Mails from Folders

• Used Zammad version: 3.1
  • Used Zammad installation source: Package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Hello,

maybe someone can give me a short answer. I got a old E-Mail Account with a lot of Folders and already marked as read. Now i want to integrate this E-Mail Account into Zammad. Will the old Mails from the Inbox overtaken into Zammad? How i can import the old Mails from the Folders?

Would be happy if someone got any ideas how to import the whole Mail Account into Zammad.

Hey @anon43131755,

did you try it? It’s pretty straight forward. I don’t think you’ll have a problem with your e-mail account.

https://zammad-admin-documentation.readthedocs.io/de/latest/channels-email.html

You can integrate the whole account or a single folder. I guess it doesn’t really matter how old your e-mails are. I don’t know if Zammad is looking into subfolders because we don’t have that scenario (it probably does). Even if it doesn’t, you could just put all those mails into the root folder for your import.

cheers

Zammad will not check your subfolders (except if you specified one).
So you’d need to move all mails into one specific folder.

Attention: Depending of the number and size of mails, this can draw Zammad ultra busy.
This might lead numerous numbers of DelayedJobs, slow response overall and thus delay in sendout of mails.

If this is a productive environment, you might want to do this outside of office hours and maybe also in a more controlled manner (than just "everything).

If you import everything at once, Zammad should use the date of the mail when it really came, if it’s a single one it might simply set the ticket date to the time it imports.

1 Like

@dvnkln @MrGeneration

Thank you for the Informations! I will try the best to made my colleagues happy. It’s not easy always with their habits.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.