- Used Zammad version: 3.3
- Used Zammad installation source: Source
- Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.4
- Browser + version: Chrome Version 81.0.4044.122
- CC back to helpdesk address and no new ticket created when update/reply or close ticket
Reason: Require Email audit trail for ISO purpose
Customer --email to–> firstname.lastname@example.org --forwards–> email@example.com(Email fetcher in Zammad)
- Created a new ticket without previous trail
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- CC back to firstname.lastname@example.org address and update. Reply update or closed update will create new ticket without the previous email trail
Is your group configured to open new ticket supon follow ups on closed tickets?
Because that’s imho the only reason why Zammad would do the described action - beside of someone removing all references.
This is my setting.
The weird part is previously the ticket didn’t recreate with the setting above. We also don’t want to reopen ticket when customer do auto reply or courteously reply it.
Is there an alternative way or setting where it does not create the ticket?
“do not reopen ticket but create a new ticket” will always create a new ticket on any follow up on that ticket. It doesn’t matter if it’s a message coming in via CC or direct TO.
There’s currently no way to ignore follow ups entirely.
Technically this never should have worked differently, if you didn’t change the above mentioned group setting earlier.
I see, then there is no choice nor alternative.
Thanks for the update
This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.