Spam of Update by "-"

• Used Zammad version: 3.6.x

• Used Zammad installation source: Package

• Operating system: Ubuntu LTS

• Browser + version: Version 88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Expected behavior:

Not endlessly updating a single ticket automatically for no changes.

Actual behavior:

Help Desk Notification

Hi Andy,

Ticket (Upgrading to CS 7) has been updated by “-”. Group: Admin
Owner: Andy
State: open
Customer: XXXXX

Changes:
State: closed → open

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Happens regularly. Even without any changes to the ticket itself a similar message will be sent every few minutes endlessly. I’m not sure who/what “-” Is for updating the ticket. Another agent was getting these emails, and I switched owners over to myself, and then I started getting them.

It’s not showing that any of our users or agents are changing it for this though, so mostly my question is how can I stop this, and who/what is “-” when it says that is the updater.

Thanks,
Andy

You seem to have an automation set up with the conditions not set correctly. Updates made by “-” are either an automation or a trigger.

2 Likes

That was it! Thank you.
Had a trigger floating around that for the first time became triggered.

Well we are seeing the same behaviour. How do we set a “name” in order to replace the “-”?

- is coming from user with ID one. That is the system user by default.
You can technically rename the display name of that account, however, please note that this affects all places within Zammad. It also affects owner selections which will be confusing.

Easiest way is to do the rename via API or console, here’s the console way:
zammad run rails r "p User.find(1).update(firstname: 'Evil', lastname: 'Zammad')".

Keep in mind that you have to provide first- and lastname.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.