Some pictures not rendering in the ticket

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 6.2
  • Used Zammad installation type: Docker
  • Operating system: CentOS
  • Browser + version: Chrome, latest version as of submission date

Expected behavior:

• All images embedded in email attachments should render correctly within tickets, without any 404 errors or broken image links.

Actual behavior:

• In some tickets, images that are supposed to be displayed within the email content are not rendering correctly. Instead of the image, a 404 error is shown, indicating the image cannot be found or is not being served correctly by Zammad.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Open a ticket with an email that contains embedded images.
    1. Observe that some images render correctly while others show a 404 error in place of the image.
    1. The issue does not occur consistently across all emails, as some emails display images without any issues.

Attachments: Please refer to the attached screenshots for a visual representation of the issue. The first screenshot shows how the email with images is displayed in an alternative email client, where images are rendered correctly. The second screenshot demonstrates the issue within Zammad, where the images are not rendered and a 404 error is displayed instead.

Hi @Nuri. I cannot reproduce this issue at all, works fine here. Could you provide the mail you’ve used as EML file?

Hello, I added the eml file on mediafire (I can only upload pictures) and edited the OP to add the link

I removed the link again to avoid publishing sensitive data… :slight_smile:

I will take a look into it later this week.

Thank you very much :smiley:

Hello, were you able to take a look at this?

Unfortunately, no, not yet, I’m sorry.

No problem, thank you for taking the time :smiley:

Hi @Nuri. I checked it and I noticed that the way the images are referenced in this mail is not well-supported in Zammad. It seems we’re lacking support of base HTML tag in the mail processing. I have no idea if there was a decision in the past to not support this, or if it just was forgotten.

Trying to clarify it. Stay tuned!

I recently discovered that it might be a security measure. However, I also read about plans to introduce a display function to view the original formatted email. If you could clarify this, that would be wonderful

Yeah, this base HTML tag looks very dangerous to me. I’m pretty sure we will not permit usage of it in incoming mails.

What do you mean with plans about introducing a display function? This is new to me. :smiley:

I read that Upcoming Zammad release supports also showing images for html emails.

Anyway. We have the semi solution to just download the original formatting and view the html in a browser. So I think that this will be the only solution to this?

Here is the link: Ticket Attachments · Issue #846 · zammad/zammad · GitHub

What do you mean? This already is working fine, but not in the way your mail is constructed.

I will think about another solution, but this will take some time.

I misunderstood, I thought it meant that there would be an extra button to display it for those kind of email structers. Sorry