[solved] Office 365 - Email Account Verifying

Infos:

Important:
If you are a Zammad Support or hosted customer and experience a technical issue, please refer to: support@zammad.com using your zammad-hostname / or company contract.

• Used Zammad version: 2.8.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: Package.
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Firefox 65.0 (64-Bit)

Expected behavior:

• I am attempting to add my email address into Channels -> Emails.
    When I click “New” and fill in all of the settings for my O365 account, using IMAP and SMTP it should add the email address in after verification.

Actual behavior:

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Testing with other email accounts, same issue.

Do you have any filter rules enabled that might move test e-mails away?
After entering the SMTP information, zammad will send a mail to your mailbox and check via IMAP/POP3 if the mail has been received.

This will fail if your email takes too long to arrive or you have a rule auto deleting or moving the mail away from your inbox (you also might want to use expert settings to ensure everything works fine).
Also check your junk, this might affect the validation process as well.

I have checked my junk mail, no emails are in there. There are no filters or rules that would block or delete these emails.
I have also run through expert mode and ensured all settings are correct, it still does not work.

Do you have any other advice/places where I can look at logs?

After conferring with my colleagues, he had some rules setup on his local outlook that were not appearing in the O365 portal.

Issue resolved, thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.