Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 2.8.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) APT
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Chrome 71.0.3578.98

Expected behavior:

• User (from LDAP) get mapped to Organisation somehow automagical

Actual behavior:

• No users are mapped to the organisation i created.

This is my Organisation setting, am i missing something, or doing it wrong? What do i need to enter into Domain field?

Only new users will be added to the organisation, existing users will need to be manually mapped.

is there a way to remove all users and resync them from LDAP?

There is, but this will require you to remove all information that are assigned to the user - do you really want to do this?

Background: Zammad uses references to the user, e.g. a ticket can’t exist without a customer.

I’m just testing for now, once i know how to setup Zammad, i will install a new VM. In the meantime i uninstalled Zammad and reinstalled it, after “Reset Zammad for a fresh start after testing” didnt work at all. I now setup a Company first and after that startet and LDAP Sync. But still no users are mapped to a Company.
How do i need to setup the Company Sync for my LDAP Users? Is there a way to map existing users to a Company?

You need to use environment variables (or as you use a installed package another command). It will then work.

To your question: Currently Zammad does not automatically sync any companies.
What you need to do is to create your companies within Zammad before syncing your users.
Enable domain based allocation for the company, please note that the domains need to be unique for this, E-Mail providers like GMX, Posteo and such will cause wrong allocations.

So what do i need to enter into the Field:“Domain” here:

to sync my LDAP Users with the Company? Do i need to enter their Emailadressdomain (e.g. mycompany.com) or do i need to enter my local LDAP Domainname here (e.g. mycomp.local) ?

Juhu!! Found it, i realy need to enter the Emaildomain here. I dont think that this is very intuitiv, maybe a hint would help. Also a posibility to let the Zammad map users to Company again, after first LDAP Sync. Thank you for your help

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.