[SOLVED] Inbound mail settings for Exchange server

• Used Zammad version: 2.9.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Firefox 65

Expected behavior:

• Setting the POP3 server should allow me to proceed in the mail settings

Actual behavior:

• Mail server IP was entered, server responds with 220 Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready, i.e., success message, but I can not proceed in the settings dialog.

Details:
We are trying to connect to an Exchange server in the local network to fetch the incoming tickets from the mail address dedicated to the ticket system.

Zammad//channels//email => New email account.

Entered IP; POP3, SSL no, Port 25 (as given by our IT support).
Server response (in the orange field in the top section of the settings dialog):
“220 […server name here…] Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Tue[…]”

I.e., the config entered should be fine and it should be possible to proceed in the mail settings.

Pressing the “Weiter” button doesn’t work but only updates the server response output.

What is wrong with our configuration?

You are aware that Port 25 is SMTP Port, not POP3?
(“ESMTP Mail[…]” is a good indicator as well)

Solution is to use the POP3-Port (that your IT will be able to tell you) - you should be able to continue.

Hi,

thanks for your quick response :slight_smile:

Yes, I am aware that this is the SMTP port, but our IT told me explicitly to use that one. But after your response I will tell them and ask again for clarification/confirmation.

1 Like

As a note, the problem could be solved. The mailbox settings in Exchange were fine; in the end we used IMAP instead of POP3.

The solution was that two IMAP services needed to be started on the Exchange server. This was never noticed since IMAP was not used before on this server. So maybe this is helpful for someone else with Zammad<->Exchange problems. The same goes for POP3, in this case also the respective services would need to be started on the Exchange server.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.