- Used Zammad version: 2.9.x
- Used Zammad installation source: Package (not sure if this is correct, sorry. I used these instructions: https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/install-ubuntu.html, so I guess it’s package)
- Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
- Browser + version: Firefox ESR 60.6.0, MS Edge 44.17763.1.0, Internet Explorer 11.437.17763.0
- Configuring an mail account under Channels -> E-Mail -> Accounts -> Email Accounts -> New should be possible, since I use the same host for E-Mail Notifications.
- Configuring a mail account is impossible. After entering a valid user’s credentials (I checked on our DC if the account was locked or the password expired), Zammad tells me that manual configuration is needed, because it can’t detect my server settings. After entering the same host name that is used for notifications I get the error message Host not reachable! This is independent from whether I choose IMAP or POP3. Error occurs with and without SSL. The password is valid. Outgoing notifications work if the customer himself changes the ticket, but for other notifications I have to set up this e-mail account, since Agent notifications for new tickets seem to not be working. That’s what I understood from reading the documentation and some posts here, so please correct me if I’m wrong.
//EDIT: Can I set up notifications for customers as well? As an Admin, I ticked the checkbox for notifications for customers, but when looking at a customer’s view and going to his personal settings, there are no notification settings available.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Simply try to configure an E-Mail account.