[SOLVED] Failed to run scheduled job 'Cleanup HttpLog' since update to 2.9.x

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 2.9.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) Package
  • Operating system: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5
  • Browser + version: Chrome 73.0.3683.103

Our helpdesk appears to be operating okay although I find myself having to restart it usually once a week as it stops collecting tickets or becomes very very slow. I currently have the following errors under monitoring that have been there in one variation or another since we updated to 2.9.x (I say 2.9.x because I can find anywhere that will give me the actual build we are currently on). There are no updates available so I presume we are running latest.

• Failed to run scheduled job ‘Cleanup HttpLog’. Cause: Failed to run HttpLog.cleanup after 10 tries #<PG::ConnectionBad: FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections >
  • Failed to run scheduled job ‘Generate Session data’. Cause: Failed to run Sessions.jobs after 10 tries #<PG::ConnectionBad: FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections * Failed to run scheduled job ‘Cleanup HttpLog’. Cause: Failed to run HttpLog.cleanup after 10 tries #<PG::ConnectionBad: FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections >
  • Failed to run scheduled job ‘Generate Session data’. Cause: Failed to run Sessions.jobs after 10 tries #<PG::ConnectionBad: FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections

I am finding that the overviews are not being refreshed properly. Can anyone shed any light on what these are and how I can resolve it? Any help is much appreciated.

I resolved this myself in the end. For the benefit of anyone else hitting the same/similar issue, I realised that the PG connection errors were relating to the PostgreSQL database. Upon checking the /config/database.yml file I noticed that the connection pool was set to the default of just 50. This was fine when I first set up the helpdesk with one department and a handful of agents. But now I have 9 departments, 70 agents and thousands of tickets. I increased the connection pool to 500 and restarted the Zammad service. Errors cleared up. Seems to be running okay now.

Interestingly it would be nice to know if Zammad has any form of scalability reference, i.e recommended settings for installs of a certain size. I have no idea if a connection pool of 500 is overkill or still under-resourced but it seems to be working for now.

1 Like

With 70 Agents I’d even go up to 1000 max_connections

Thanks for that, I’ll adjust it to be sure.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.