[solved] Channel: Email::Notification out Can't use Channel::Driver::Smtp:

• Used Zammad version: 2.8.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: ubuntu 16.04

I think everything is working properly. I tested to reply using web ui to email, and gmail and hotmail received my reply but in my Monitoring and Email setup I got this error

** * Channel: Email::Notification out Can’t use Channel::Driver::Smtp: #<Net::SMTPFatalError: 555 5.5.2 Syntax error. h19sm13272082pfn.114 - gsmtp >**

I used gmail account IMAP and SMTP settings

Thank you in advance

The SMTP-Server was replying with a “Syntax error” (in this case Google’s SMTP).

We can’t help you without knowing the syntax you tried to use.
Currently it’s known that using Umlautdomains in their IDN-form is not supported.

Thank you for the reply Sir @MrGeneration
i used this email for 3 weeks and no problem in sending and receiving of email in zammad…
and Im not trying any syntax, how can i check that?

Thank you

@MrGeneration i tried to delete the email and configured again… no issues found in my monitoring now

Thank you

This issue can appear any time from time to time.
A wrong syntax can be something like someone@somwhät.de or if you just type “someone” and forget the domain completely.

This can also get caused by an autoreply trigger, as users might also give you wrong E-Mail-Addresses.
As I said, the error can be caused on many ways. :slight_smile:

But I’m glad it’s okay for you at this moment.

1 Like

Thank you, @MrGeneration means this kind of error is normal and nothing worry for the system?

Hope there is workaround to hundle this error,

Or make the register for the customer side to entered the email address twice to check the email add is correct while registering the account

Normal is a bit too optimistic, this shouldn’t happen too often and is most likely a user mistake. (usual at least)

Checking if the supplied E-Mail-Address has a correct syntax is indeed a very good idea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.