SMIME - undefined method `n' for #<OpenSSL::PKey::EC:0x0000560dd2b31c68>

Hey Zammad

I’m trying to upload our CA Cert to Zammad to prepare the use of SMIME.
I get the following error trying to upload a base64 formatted cert.

undefined method `n’ for #OpenSSL::PKey::EC:0x0000560dd2b31c68

The log is attached.

production.log

PS: There are a lot of /n line breaks in the log.

I, [2020-11-17T09:44:31.560851 #18851-47308676082980] INFO – : Parameters: {“data”=>"-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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\r**\n**NxQCBAweCgBTAHUAYg…

Check out this article, seems relatively similar to your issue. Maybe it helps:

Seems like an issue with OpenSSL.

I updated the openssl version of the server to the latest possible.

root@helpdesk:~# openssl version
OpenSSL 1.1.1h 22 Sep 2020

But I still have the same issue.

Just to to sure, you’re using a .pem Certificate, correct?

Yes and I tried both.

1. selecting the pem
    or
  2. copying the pem text to the box

I’m getting the same error with your certificate. It worked just fine with one of our certificates a couple of weeks ago (with Zammad 3.5 though). Either there is something wrong with your certificate or this is a bug.

What Zammad version are you using?

We have the latest 3.6.x

I’ll test to add one of my certificates this evening, let’s see if that works. If not, this might be a bug in Zammad 3.6

1 Like

Would it be possible to have a look at the public CA file you try to import?

One side note on this topic:
You won’t need to add a private key if you add a CA certificate. You can’t use it for signage anyway. (Ignore that hint if the certificate in your screen is not a CA certificate)

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.