Show that there's an update available for Zammad under Admin Menu > Version

Title: Show that there’s an update available for Zammad in under Admin Menu > Version

  1. What is your original issue/pain point you want to solve? As a customer I don’t know about new Zammad version without checking it proactively on the Neuigkeiten, Updates, Releases | Zammad
  2. Which are one or two concrete situations where this problem hurts the most? When there are critical security issues and/or breaking changes.
  3. Why is it not solvable with the Zammad standard? There’s not notification somehow.
  4. What is your expectation/what do you want to achieve? I like the subtle way Coolify does it close the actual version number. I can even click on update and a helper runs the update.

Bildschirmfoto 2026-10-11 um 07.44.25

If there is any more useful information, feel free to share it all (e.g.: mockup screenshots, if something is UI related, or the API URL/documentation URL for a service you need a connection to).

Your Zammad environment:

  • Average concurrent agent count: -
  • Average tickets a day: -
  • What roles/people are involved: -

Anything else which you think is useful to understand your use case: Feel free to discuss openly and reach out :wink:

Thank you and have fun.

I doubt that people regulary visit the version page. A popup like Gitlab does it for critical security fixes after 2-3 days might be better.