Setup for a custom "landing page" after login

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.1.4
  • Used Zammad installation type: docker-compose
  • Operating system: RHEL 8
  • Browser + version: Firefox / Chrome…

Question:

I’d like to setup a different overview as default page after login either per user or per group so that the user gets directly to a pre-filtered list of tickets created in their group during the last 72h

How can I set up something like that ?

Thanks in advance.

That is a drastically outdated Zammad version. Please upgrade to the current stable (6.3.1 as of now) asap to secure your installation.

Ooop sorry my mistake : error of copy/paste.

I’m using the master branch of GitHub - zammad/zammad-docker-compose: Zammad Docker images for docker-compose and it’s current last known tag is v12.0.0

So as per commit log i’d say i’m with Zammad 6.3.1

Maybe the setting “default_controller” could help to change the default route after the login, when no “redirect_url” exists in the url.

Hello, thanks for your time, I appreciate it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Is it just a setup modification or do i need to patch the code to create a custom routing rule ? :thinking:

Maybe this helps: Advanced customization settings — Zammad System Documentation documentation

It can be done with the rails console.

Ok i’ll try this. Thank you. :pray:

I digged a bit… So you’re suggesting is something like this ?

zammad run rails r 'Setting.set("default_controller", "#ticket/view")' 

Or

zammad run rails r 'Setting.set("default_controller", "#other/path")' 

Correct ?

In this case i can’t see how it will depend on the user or the group… it seems to me it will be changed (good) for everybody without possible variation :thinking:

The setting you found is correct. And yes, it affects everyone.

Thanks for your help :pray:

Hello there… i have a further question : if i want to implement a “per group” landing page… wh

Hello,
Afterwards a further question : if i want to implement a per group landing page what would be the best way to tackle the thing ?

There’s no further options than the above mentioned.

I was suspecting that already… in case it was not clear i’m considering to contribute it.

Though as it would be a first-time for zammad (I contributed to several FOSS projects in my life but not this one yet) I’m searching for a few tips about the way to do it properly (which would avoid me the classical “yes thanks but no thanks because you did it the wrong way and we’ll never accept it coded like this”)