Selecting the system language does not work.

First of all, I’m a bit newbie to this type of notifications. I’m sorry if I wrote it in the wrong place.

This topic has been discussed before. There are also discussions in different forums. However, none of them came to fruition. Also, the topics are very old.

I changed the system language from the admin account. System language is Turkish. I created a customer. I chose Turkish as the language in the customer profile. Browser language is Turkish. There are the necessary tr.html.erb files in the /opt/zammad/app/views/mailer/… directories. However, system notifications always come in English. Password change, forgot password, status updates. All incoming e-mails are in English.

Hello!

Looking at the documentation System Notifications — Zammad Admin Documentation documentation and from what I understand you can edit the .erb text files and then restart the zammad service running on your server.

That should do the trick.

Best,
Skip

Creating the Turkish mailer templates is not enough. You’ll need to contribute to the Turkish translations up to the point that the templates are created by the translation engine:
Zammad/Zammad (stable version) — Türkisch @ Zammad-Translations

This is necessary for the translation engine to recognize the templates.

To update your local instance with the translations from Weblate (for a package environment):

$ zammad run rails r "Locale.sync"
$ zammad run rails r "Translation.sync"
1 Like

thanks. But I already wrote that I did this.

I did what you said. But the problem still persists. Information always comes in English.

I made the necessary language settings. The system default language is Turkish. Admin profile language is Turkish. Personnel Profile language is Turkish. Customer profile language is Turkish. All necessary translation files for Turkish are available. There are email themes for Turkish. Most of these are original zammad files. However, update notifications and all other notifications always come in English.

Let’s start with providing the template information of the template you’ve removed on your first post please.

This is the minimum information I want to see provided by you:

* Used Zammad version: 
* Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, ...)
* Operating system: 
* Browser + version: 
  • Zammad version 6.3.0-1713857963.c5266fae.bookworm
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) DEB
  • My OS: Debian 12
  • MyBrowser Chrome v 123.0.6312.123 (Resmi Derleme) (64 bit) Sürümü, and i am test in opera 108.0.5067.29 AND Edge 124.0.2478.51

Those files you’ve created, what’s their permissions and owner? ls -la on the affected directories would do.

There are insufficient permissions on some files. Some files must have been deleted while trying to solve this problem. I edited the permissions and recreated the files. Problem solved. Thanks.

!!! I contributed about 20% at https://translations.zammad.org/. zammad run rails r “Locale.sync”;zammad run rails r “Translation.sync”; I ran these commands. However, the contributions I made at https://translations.zammad.org/ did not have an impact on my zammad. How do I solve this?

You’ll need patience.
These commands sync from local file system. So translation updates ship with regular updates. Your translations are not available immediately.