Search Index Rebuild Fails

• Zammad version: 5.0.x
  • Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
  • Browser + version: Edge (Chromium version)

Expected behavior:

Running zammad run rake searchindex:rebuild should rebuild the search index, this is after upgrade Elasticsearch from 5.x to 6.x as I was a bit behind and Elasticsearch in Zammad had stopped running as 5.x was unsupported.

Actual behavior:

rake aborted!
Version 6.8.19 of configured elasticsearch is not supported.
/opt/zammad/lib/search_index_backend.rb:29:in info' /opt/zammad/lib/search_index_backend.rb:1063:in version’
/opt/zammad/lib/search_index_backend.rb:1073:in version_int' /opt/zammad/lib/search_index_backend.rb:1083:in version_supported?’
/opt/zammad/lib/tasks/search_index_es.rake:69:in block (2 levels) in <main>' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/rake-13.0.6/exe/rake:27:in <top (required)>’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:63:in load' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:63:in kernel_load’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:28:in run' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/cli.rb:494:in exec’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/command.rb:27:in run' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/invocation.rb:127:in invoke_command’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor.rb:392:in dispatch' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/cli.rb:30:in dispatch’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/base.rb:485:in start' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/cli.rb:24:in start’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/exe/bundle:49:in block in <top (required)>' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/lib/bundler/friendly_errors.rb:130:in with_friendly_errors’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.16/exe/bundle:37:in <top (required)>' /opt/zammad/bin/bundle:5:in load’
/opt/zammad/bin/bundle:5:in `’
Tasks: TOP => searchindex:rebuild => searchindex:version_supported
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

Does anyone have thoughts on what I could/should be looking at to resolve this?

Hey @pntaylor ,

uhm, well. The second line of your output pretty much tells you what’s the problem:

How about upgrading to a supported version?
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/prerequisites/software.html

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference//current/setup-upgrade.html

cheers

Hi, appreciate the reply, I perhaps missed something pertinent from my original post. My original version of Elastisearch was 5.x and when I tried to go to 7.x I got the same error so downgraded to 6.x to see whether I needed to go from 5 to 6 to 7 so I’m on a current version.

elastic 7.8+ is officially supported since zammad 5.0+ - hence getting the same error is highly unlikely.

Yeah you can’t do that. That’s why i linked the elastic upgrade guide for you.
You need to follow a certain path when going from 5.x to 7.x.

Please make sure to carefully read that guide and follow it.

If you don’t mind zammad having some limited functionality (considering search/reporting) during the upgrade process you could also drop your zammad indices in es, do the upgrade (step by step) and re-create the indices when you’re done upgrading to the newest version.

cheers

Okay I’ll take a closer look and give things a whirl. Appreciate the response

Just wanted to say I’ve got this up and running, appreciate the assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.