Search in Knowledgebase doesn't find attachments

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.3
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: CentOS 7
  • Browser + version: Any

Expected behavior:

• When searching in the knowledgebase search bar the results should show knowledgebase articles where the search term is found in an indexed attachment

Actual behavior:

• When searching in the Zammad sidebar the results do include knowledgebase articles where the search term is found in attachments. The same seach in the knowledgebase search bar shows no results, so there is a difference in search behaviour. This difference can be irritating to users, especially since the public view of the knowledgebase is without the Zammad sidebar

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Add an attachment that can be indexed to a knowledgebase article, wait for indexing to complete, search for a word from the attachment on the Zammad sidebar and in the knowledgebase search bar for comparison

Any acknowledgement from the Zammad team that this is indeed a bug, should I report it somehow else to get it on the bugtracker? I thought the preferred way is posting to the forum.

I could verify your described behaviour, however I currently can’t say if it’s a bug.
As our documentation doesn’t say anything about it, I’ll have to ask a developer.

I’ll update this topic as soon as I have input.

Thank you very much for your patience.
You’re right - you found a bug!

If you could create a github issue and reference this post that would be amazing. Thanks! :slight_smile:

OK, thanks for your feedback :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.