Scheduler does not delete tickets

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.x
  • Operating system: Windows
  • Browser + version: Firefox 95.0.2

Expected behavior:

• Scheduler is set to delete all tickets that have been given the “spam” tag every night
    ** Conditions: Tags → contains all → spam
    ** Execute changes: Action → delete and State → closed
  • Scheduler shows that it has already processed >10k tickets, expected behavior is that these are removed from the system permanentyl

Actual behavior:

• even though scheduler shows ticket processing these are not removed from Zammad

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• create scheduler with the configuration mentioned above, give tickets a “spam” tag

@korton Did you ever get this to work?

Just a wild guess, but maybe Scheduler won’t process the ticket because it can’t change the state of a deleted ticket? :nerd_face:

Yes, but to be completely honest I do not know why. I am sure someone must have changed something in the Zammad configuration, but so far I have not hunted that info since I was simply happy that it worked and I could take my mind elsewhere.

Only thing I saw was that the amount of tickets in my overviews dropped from 10k to 100 over the course of a few days.

The scheduler only had to process tickets with a spam tag, regardless of state. But since I also have a trigger that closes tickets tagged as spam and I also had a trigger that sets a spam tag for certain topics and sender domains, I would guess that the schedulere only had to process closed tickets, not deleted tickets.

Sorry for not being precise—I think the issue is with your intended actions:

** Execute changes: Action → delete and State → closed

While that might work, why would you alter the state of a deleted ticket? Try removing

State → closed

and please let us know if that fixes it.

Hi, I have re-checked the schedulers, and they indeed all now only have the action “delete”. Seems that this might have done the trick, although I did not follow up on whether the change to actions was what triggered the scheduler to actually work. But I will keep that in mind in the future, thanks a lot!

Does that mean that schedulers will not process tickets in general if there are more actions after the delete action?

1 Like

Well—since all actions refer to the ticket itself, if the ticket get’s deleted first, that would make sense to me.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.