Schedule sending replies - please vote

It’s night right now where I live. I’m reviewing some tickets and would like to send out some replies. Still, I don’t really want to know my clients that I work at night, not least not to raise the expectation that an answer can be expected 24/7.

I’m sure I’m not the only one with this issue but Zammad doesn’t seem to offer a function to schedule an email reply. Which is why I’m surprised that this feature request is not getting more love: Send later functionality for answering tickets

So, I’m writing this post to increase visibility of the request above. Hopefully it can get a few more :heart:

2 Likes

I don’t really want to know my clients that I work at night, not least not to raise the expectation that an answer can be expected 24/7

I’m hoping that you either own the business, or are billing for the after hours work :joy:. Burnout is super common in the IT profession.

That being said, I sometimes work late and have this same problem, so I’ve added a :heartpulse: as requested.

Possible workaround would be to write up your email in Notepad++ or VSCode, and then copy paste it into Zammad when you’re ready to send.

Zammad has been pretty reliable when it comes to not losing work-in-progress though, so even leaving the typed up replies in your browser and coming back a day later to send them would work.

1 Like

I understand the request but I think, there is a very good and easy to use workaround available:

https://user-docs.zammad.org/fr/latest/extras/shared-drafts.html

In some cases, it happens to me as well. So I write the answer and save it as a draft. Next early morning, I pull up these tickets and send out my answer which was saved as a draft. This allows me to review my answer after some ours of sleep (which is often a good idea when I see what spelling mistakes I made in my original answer).

1 Like

Dear both, thanks upvoting the request and also for the proposed workarounds. I’m aware of the drafts function and I agree with @spats that it works very reliably. In such instances I don’t even see an increased benefit of the shared drafts as mentioned by @ecomsilio, I use them mostly when interacting with other agents, i.e. to proof read their draft.

Using the draft function still means that I have to retrieve these tickets the next day and then push the send button manually. While I agree that’s not the worst workaround, it’s just inconvenient. For the same reason, I guess, email clients such as Outlook implemented at some point a send later functionality instead of requiring users to check their unsent drafts every morning.

If there at least was a possibility to see all drafts one has in Zammad with one click. That would make the workaround at least more practical. Maybe it would be worth creating a feature request for that, in the sense of a first iteration to the send later feature?