Title: Respect FROM field settings for replies to agent mails
- level & 2. level
- users (not agents) are only able to react to tickets by mail, e.g. no user login
- instance is configured with MS365 channels
- Sender Format for these channels is configured to “System Address Display Name”
What is the idea or pain point:
- every interaction with the user is via mail
- agents update the ticket or send queries (sometimes without response from user in-between)
- if a agent answers to or forwards a mail from another or the same agent in zammad, the quote header looks like
“On Wednesday, 22 June 2022 at 09:44:14, Agent ABC wrote:”
- If a user would answer to the same mail it would look like (some variation due to language and used client):
“On Wednesday, 22 June 2022 at 09:44:14, <System Address Display Name> wrote:”
- Due to this the agent name is exposed to the user even though we especially configured the instance to not expose the agents name.
- Disabling the quote header is not an option for us.
- Even when showing the metadata of the agents mail to which he responds shows <System Address Display Name> as FROM.
Expectation (not solution):
- The quote header should be based on the from field / sender format
- equality wether a user answers to a mail or a agent answers to the article which resulted in the mail
- meaning in both scenarios “On Wednesday, 22 June 2022 at 09:44:14, <System Address Display Name> wrote:” should be used
I already mentioned it in Email reply leaks agent name - Technical assistance - Zammad - Community. We want to keep the quote header line as it provides useful information. But we do not want our agents names exposed.
I hope our point is clearer now.
Thank you and have fun.