Render "variables" defined in "templates" on create to allow for faster generation of tickets

Hi,

I woudl like to see the “template” feature expanded on to enable the following:

• a template can be created with the current set of server-side variables Variables — Zammad documentation
  • on selection of that template and apply the template is placed into the body text as per the template
  • on “create” of the ticket the template variables would be rendered out to contain the relevant current details “at that time” … as in a snapshot in time… ie customer a name changes to customer a but a ticket created for them 2 years ago still contains the old name. al la Conflict-free replicated data type - Wikipedia

This would enable vastly faster ticket template generation and a much smoother workflow for phone operators.

Thanks
Ross

2 Likes

Please adjust the missleading thread title - thanks.

I totally agree, being able to use variables in ticket templates would greatly improve our agents flow when creating standardized tickets.

I’m not sure though how the title of this thread is misleading - I actually found it through searching because I am looking for conversations on exactly this feature.

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.