Remember pending date

Hi Zammad community.

1. What is your original issue/pain point you want to solve?
    When you set the “pending reminder” date on a ticket and a customer replies, the ticket status goes to “open”. So far no problem. When you set again the state “pending reminder”, it would be helpful if the date befor is auto-filled again

2. Which are one or two concrete situations where this problem hurts the most?
    You have a group with mostly predictable tasks. You write the customer “i will do that on next friday” and he replies with “Ok, thanks” you have to do the same task again “set pending reminder” and “set the correct date”.

3. Why is it not solvable with the Zammad standard?
    Because Zammad always gives me a clear date field.

4. What is your expectation/what do you want to achieve?
    I want to time save an extra click. Also I know that there could be answers from the customer like “i don’t have time on the next friday, please come on saturday”. But maybe with a makro you could save some time.

Your Zammad environment:

• Average concurrent agent count:
  • Average tickets a day:
  • What roles/people are involved:
    profesional service it technician, sales people and customers

Kind regards
Basti

8 Likes

I love, love, love that suggestion!

The pending date is stored in an attribute “pending_till” but cleared when the state changes to “open”. If we just leave the value in there, but ignore it in “open”-state, it can be re-used, if someone change back to “pending reminder”.

2 Likes

Really need that. Task Planning with Zammad is impossible when ticket states reset and the task in the calendar disappears by a customer “thank you” or “hear you tomorrow” answer. I would love a hard locked “waiting for” state.

“waiting for answer” behaves as usual and sets Ticket to open when the customer answers.
“waiting for close” closes the ticket if the customer does not answer.
“wait for agent” as a new state keeps a fixed date and state, whatever happens and gives me an to do overview in my calendar.