Reference ticket variables for display in text field

Infos:

I am trying to reference variables in a text field when creating a ticket however the value of the reference is not rendering. For example I want to reference the customer name for a given ticket in the text box. I am trying to do this using “Hello #{ticket.customer.firstname}” however the value of firstname does not render during ticket creation and after saving the ticket. Strangely if I type :: to display a list of variable references “Hello #{ticket.customer.firstname}” is available and if I select it from the drop down list it works. It does not work when I manually type the reference. I want to use this feature for a number of other variables e.g. ticket.installation_id_x. These variables are not visible as an option after type :: in text box.

• Used Zammad version: 6.2.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: docker-compose
  • Operating system: Mac
  • Browser + version: Google chrome

Expected behavior:

In a text attribute “Hello #{ticket.customer.firstname}” should render to “Hello Max”

Actual behavior:

In a text attribute “Hello #{ticket.customer.firstname}” displays to “Hello #{ticket.customer.firstname}”

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create user with firstname set to Max. Create ticket referencing customer. Type “Hello #{ticket.customer.firstname}” in text field and save the ticket.

Hi @mwescet. I guess you’re looking for text modules.

Thanks @fliebe92 after setting up relevant text modules this is now working during ticket creating and editing. Is it possible to reference text modules in a ticket template? So far I am unable to do this, typing :: does not provide a list of existing text modules and if I insert manually a reference e.g. #{ticket.customer.organization.name} this does not render to the value of the variable.

From the docs: Please note that ticket templates do not allow the use of variables.