Question about eMail filter / regex

Hi,

we want to filter some Newsletter / Junkmails we have subscribded to, automatically assigning them to a “Backoffice Group”. I defined this EMail filter:
regex:(example.de|shutterstock.com)$

but incoming Mail is not detected, i.e. this example (“from” line taken from the RAW mail) is assigner to the default incoming group.

From: =?UTF-8?B?U2h1dHRlcnN0b2Nr?= <shutterstock@e.shutterstock.com>

altough the filter looks like this:

what am i missing?

I would take the dollar sign away at the end and see if that helps. I know what your intention was but it’s not really necessary and if you look at your example string from above the last character is > so the regex would not match.

I would have thought that the From: field refers to the Mail Adress only, not the pointy brackets. I think i never used any other program that considers the brackets as part of the From: field, does Zammad really do that?

I don’t know, that was just an idea for you to try because your filter looked OK to me.

as per your suggestion i deleted the $ to see if it works better - have to wait for the next junkmail now. Generally i fell better if the regex expression is as strict as possible, but i think in this case it should be ok to not specficy “ends with” but “contains”.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.