Production.log massive big

Hello,
my production.log grows to several GB within a very short time.
I assume that this is not normal.

Hey @Phillip ,

so uhm… have you looked inside?
Could be worth a shot i guess - at least you’d see what’s spamming your log like that.

If you don’t have enough RAM available to look at the whole file at once just tail the last few lines or something like that. You could also fire tail -f to watch it growing live if that helps.

cheers

I have looked in and let the log run along the way. But it never stands still and so far it is only INFO entries.

INFO – : - no message
INFO – : fetching imap …

and

INFO – : - no message
INFO – : ended Channel.fetch took: 5.33431361 seconds.
INFO – : Scheduler running…
INFO – : Running job thread for ‘Check Channels’ (Channel.fetch) status is: sleep
INFO – : Running job thread for ‘Process escalation tickets’ (Ticket.process_escalation) status is: sleep
INFO – : Running job thread for ‘Generate Session data’ (Sessions.jobs) status is: sleep
INFO – : Running job thread for ‘Check streams for Channel’ (Channel.stream) status is: sleep
INFO – : Running job thread for ‘Import OTRS diff load’ (Import::OTRS.diff_worker) status is: sleep
INFO – : Running job thread for ‘Execute jobs’ (Job.run) status is: sleep
INFO – : execute Chat.cleanup_close (try_count 0)…
INFO – : ended Chat.cleanup_close took: 0.17922431 seconds.
INFO – : execute Channel.fetch (try_count 0)…

and again from the beginning

1 Like

Zammad log files can grow fairly big depending on the size of the installation.
If you have a lot of going on we’ll be logging a heckton which makes things worse.

Any way. Since Zammad 4.1 the logging is reduced even further (it’s a process).
So if you haven’t already updating to 4.1 should at least reduce your issue.

If you have no ERROR or WARN log lines then I’m afraid the growing is technically correct. Just a big instance then.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.