Problem with Office365

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.2.3
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Debian Buster
  • Browser + version: any

Actual behavior:

• We can no longer receive IMAP from Office365 since 13.10.2022.
  • The app password is correct.
    *In the log we only get the message “ERROR – : Can’t use Channel::Driver::Imap:<Net::IMAP::NoResponseError: LOGIN failed.”

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
We are currently only running Zammad with an internal URL and therefore cannot follow the implementation for Office365 described in the documentation.

I guess you then have to swap off either Zammad or Microsoft 365 if that’s the case.
Did you know that the redirect URL for the app doesn’t have to be reachable by Microsoft but your client?

Oh and HTTPs is mandatory. However, the rest should work.
Microsoft is shutting down Basic Auth for Email - that’s been announced over 2 years ago.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, I have like 50 emails that has not delivered, new tickets, new answers…

So the answer is to Enable O365 integration? or i got it wrong?

Microsoft is disabling basic auth for M365 Exchange in October, that’s likely the cause.

Please refer to the following KB which goes over the problem:

Deprecation of Basic authentication in Exchange Online | Microsoft Learn

As for next steps, you’ll probably want to configure the Microsoft 365 channel in Zammad, rather than using the “Email” channel:

Microsoft 365 — Zammad documentation

1 Like

Thank you.

What I did is to create the account in a local ms 2010 Exchange, because needed a fast solution.

I’ll try MS365 solution if something goes wrong… thanks

I sincerely hope that you keep Zammad more current than your Exchange server.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed this part of your post earlier.

Just wanted to mention that we also run our Zammad on an internal URL - it cannot be accessed from the internet. However we had no problems configuring M365 email as per this documentation. As long as your Zammad can send requests to Azure, the oauth callback URL does not necessarily need to be internet reachable.

Microsoft 365 — Zammad documentation

If zammad cost me like M$, that chances are more likely to increase…!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.