Pending state without date+time selection (pending answer)

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.1.0-1625755681
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: CentOS 7
  • Browser + version: Firefox 95.0.2 (64-Bit)

Hello,

I searched the site but can’t find the right answer. So I have to ask:

When adding a new state via rails console I have to choose the statetype. But the existing statetypes don’t fit my requirements. I’d like to add a state with a statetyp like “pending answer”. The types “pending reminder” and “pending action” require both a selection of date + time, but I want an additional pending state that can be set without selecting date and time. The ticket should be pending til the next reaction happens (e.g. customer answer) or the agent changes the state manually.

How do I configure that?

Hi,

Pending to close. would be an alternative here. because as long as pending duration is not reached, each update sets the status to Open.

But you could also try with Trigger. As an example like this:

I have another question, how to difinate a “Pending to Close” status with fixed pennding time. e.g. 14 days. So the pending duration should not be set manually every time. but always 14 days after status change tickets should be closed if no answer is received.

Hi 7qubit,

that is the point. “Pending to close” would be perfect, but the need to set the duration is not user (agent) friendly…

Thanks
Dirk

@7qubit please don’t hijack posts with your personal questions. That’s not helping in terms of overview and, personally I think it’s rude.

@DirkKrausert The state documentation actually does provide you with a solution:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/admin/console/working-on-tickets.html#optional-disable-date-and-time-picker-pending-till-for-pending-states

You can also achieve that by using core workflows via UI
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/system/core-workflows.html

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.