Pasted images in a ticket are compressed - part 2

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.1.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Client operating system: Windows 10
  • Browser + version: Firefox 101.0.1

Followup:

• This is a followup to #7903 - I am not allowed to post there anymore - feel free to merge.
  • This is not a “me too” post as it contains a workaround, that hopefully helps someone. If merging is not possible, you should consider adding a link to this post here: #7903

Expected behavior:

• When I copy an image from Microsoft Paint (Ctrl+a / Ctrl+c) and paste it into a ticket (Ctrl+v) the image quality is preserved.

Actual behavior:

• The inserted image is converted (probably by Firefox) to a jpg image distorting the quality and the colors of the image.

Workaround:

• When I copy the same image from Microsoft Paint (Ctrl+a / Ctrl+c) and paste it into a Thunderbird email first. Afterwards copy it from the Thunderbird email (select the image + Ctrl+c) and paste it into a ticket (Ctrl+v) the image quality is preserved.

Observation:

• If the clipboard contains raw image data, then (Firefox or Zammad) creates a jpg image of it.
  • If the clipboard contains a png-image from Thunderbird, then there is no conversion.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.