Overview doesn't update since update to 3.4.0

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.4.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …)
  • Operating system: CentOS7
  • Browser + version: Firefox 78.0.2, Chrome

Expected behavior:

• Overviews will be updated at state change

Actual behavior:

• no Overviews will be updated. Scheduler “Generate session data” is set to false, using “zammad run rails r ‘Sessions.jobs(1)’” instead.
    If I set the scheduler “Generate session data” to true, overviews will be updated, but CPU usage increase and some jobs will be delayed.

Is there any change for this method, that you cant run this initially anymore? I had three screen sessions with the initial use of the method and this worked for a long time.

I deleted some overviews for closed tickets (70k) and the scheduler worker is working better now.
I will keep you updated, because at this moment nobody works and I dont have a comparison.

Overviews with 10ks of elements are useless, because Zammad always limits overviews to 2100 elements per overview.

So you’re technically drawing huge load on your system without a real benefit or use.
I suggest limiting overviews for closed tickets by time (so lets say " the last 7 days of closed tickets") if you really need those overviews.

For anything else I suggest using the search functionality of Zammad which will proberbly help your agent faster than clicking through a pile of tickets.

Since we deleted the overview, the worker runs how it should be and Zammad works really smooth again.

You’re right, there is no benefit of these overviews, because normally our agents are using the search function.
Maybe a information in the documentation (readthedocs) could be useful to avoid this problem.

1 Like

Done (created a PR), thank you for pointing that out :slight_smile:

Ours is doing the same thing. Overview does not update.
Several views, but none that large as our Zammad instance is relatively new. 500 total tix.

The views do have a couple of criteria. But wondering what has gone wrong to lose the update. Annoying to have to refresh frequently.

Please try not to hijack solved threads as it will provide a bad overview for people trying to solve their issues. Also, a side effect of this is that you keep people busier which may end in higher waiting times for every one.

I’ll reply within 24 to 48 hours on your new thread.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.