Out of office replacement overview shown even if not a replacement

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.1.0-1647672154.2d614923.focal
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome Version 99.0.4844.82 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Expected behavior:

• Out of office replacement overview only being shown for replacement users, when set to only be available for replacement users

Actual behavior:

• Out of office replacement overview always shown for all agents

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create an overview with the following settings (should already be included in the default installation)
  • (Possibly create new agent and switch to it, see note below)
  • Be sure to not be assigned as an out of office replacement by a different agent
  • Check to see if the overview is being shown in the overviews tab

I have this behaviour happen on both our production instance and my local test install, both running the same version of Zammad with some slight modifications, which should not affect this functionality in any way. Curious to know if anyone else has this issue. Thanks :smiley:

I have checked in the rails console to see if there were any replacement assignments with this command:

User.where.not(out_of_office_replacement_id: nil), which returned
=> #<ActiveRecord::Relation []>

As a test I assigned a different agent as a replacement and the above command did return the expected data:
=> #<ActiveRecord::Relation [#<User id: 3, <snip>, out_of_office_replacement_id: 4, <snip>>]>

Note: After doing the above, for some reason the overview started hiding as expected for that particular agent afterwards when I disabled the replacement again, which does confuse me. Creating a new agent user however brought back the bug for it.

User.where(out_of_office: true) seems to be another good way to see if any agent is set to out of office.

Could this simply be a caching issue with Chrome? Have you tried Firefox?

The same issue occurs inside of Firefox 99.0b5 (64-bit)

Then I have no idea, sorry. Maybe someone else has encountered this.

The overview will be visible for replacement users as long as the to be replaced user has the function active. The issue should resolve if the user turns it off.

Yes, the only issue is that there are no “to be replaced users”, thus the view should be hidden.

Still not sure what is causing this issue, however I’ve not been investigating it as it’s a very minor inconvenience.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.