Organization Auto Assign for E-Mail Wildcards

Hello Zammad Community,

We are currently facing the requirement to assign different sender email addresses to an organization.

The organization is named “Examplecompanyname” is set up as a domain-based allocation with the email domain @Examplecompanyname.com

We want email addresses from, for example, Examplecompanyname**.at** to also be assigned to the organization “Examplecompanyname” so that a trigger which is configured will be triggered.

We previously set up a workaround for this by adding an object/field named “Parent Company” to organizations in our Zammad instance. We set up the different organizations along with their respective email domains and parent company assignment, and changed the trigger to the “parent company” Attribute. This works very well in principle, but the only disadvantage is that we have to add each organization and email domain individually.

The goal is that Zammad will do this automatically if configured.

I appreciate any feedback and thank you all in advance

Best Maximilian

1 Like

Please use the mandatory template for this category.
Also, your request smells like a duplicate. Please run a search in the feature request category to see if that’s actually the case and give your heart to the first article of the relevant thread. Please also let us know so we can merge accordingly.

Hello MrGeneration,

thanks for your approval!
I did not find a topic which described the same issue/request yet.
Similar yes but not a ccTLD Wildcard Function to auto assign or create new organizations by filling out an individiual field in a zammad instance.

Best

Thanks. I guess my mind played tricks on me.

Could you please edit your first post to reflect this tempalte?
It is fine if you answer several bullet points with one block if you’d other wise repeat yourself over and over again! :slight_smile:

1) What is your original issue/pain point you want to solve?
2) Which are one or two concrete situations where this problem hurts the most?
3) Why is it not solvable with the Zammad standard?
4) What is your expectation/what do you want to achieve?

If there is any more useful information, feel free to share it all (e.g.: mockup screenshots, if something is UI related, or the API URL/documentation URL for a service you need a connection to).

Your Zammad environment:
* Average concurrent agent count:
* Average tickets a day:
* What roles/people are involved: