Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.0.x
  • Installation method (source, package, …): Package
  • Operating system: Debian 10 (Buster)
  • Database + version: Postgres 11.11
  • Elasticsearch version: 7.7
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome V89.0.X

Expected behavior:

*Synced (and added) LDAP users show up under User Tab, to assign specific users certain roles.

Actual behavior:

*Users are synced, and can login, however only a handful show up under the Users tab, and even when searching manually for a user, they don’t show up, so I can’t assign them roles. As shown in the image below, users are synced, as expected. I can’t show the user tab, for reasons of privacy.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

*Install Zammad via documentation, sync with LDAP (in my case 6000+ Users).

I had a similar issue today. The issue was caused by elasticsearch in my case. You can disable elasticsearch and search again. It might be slower but should list you the users correctly. I noticed that new users and organizations are not listed and creating a user manually reports that the user still exists.
If you re-enable it, be sure the ingest plug in is up to date, installed and the index is rebuild properly.

Zammad by default does never display a whole user list anywere in the UI.
The users aren’t gone or not there, you can find them via search at any time.

If you can’t find a user via search but know the user is there, ensure your searchindex is up to date.
Sometimes indexing may take some time depending on your systems load.

Edit:
By the way, you can check that on command line: zammad run rails r "p User.count".
If you have more than you’ve synced via LDAP you’re good to go.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.